Aoraki / Mt Cook Adventure
- Duration: 40 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Lake Tekapo, NZ
- Product code: TRIP3
Experience the wide open spaces and picturesque landscape of the Mackenzie Basin before venturing into the heart of the Mt Cook National Park
Experience the wide open spaces and picturesque landscape of the Mackenzie Basin before venturing into the heart of the Mt Cook National Park, taking in breathtaking views of Mt Cook and the surrounding glacier landscapes from high on the snowy peak of the Liebig Dome without having to make the drive from Lake Tekapo to the Mt Cook Village.
With snow landing*.
This flight departs daily from our HeliServices.NZ Tekapo Heliport.
Essential gear for snow landings:
- Covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine) or hiking boots
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for wearing on the snow. Occasionally the temperature can be 5-10 degrees cooler on the snow than it is in the village. Check with our ground crew if you are unsure of what to wear
- Plenty of room on your memory card and/or phone for photos. Please note: Selfie sticks are not permitted.
- Please note that we do not allow passengers to use iPads to take photos during flights as they can impede the view of the pilot and other passengers. You're very welcome to bring along another means of taking your photos (phone, camera or GoPro are all great).
Check-in time is 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. This allows time for payment processing and aircraft allocation.
Flight times are approximate and include the landing*.
Minimum passenger numbers apply for flights.
Pricing is in New Zealand dollars and includes GST.
HeliServices.NZ Tekapo Office Hours:
Summer (November-March) 8.00AM to 6.30PM / Winter (April-October) 8.30AM to 5.30PM.
*Please note: snow landings are subject to weather conditions and are at the pilot’s discretion.