The Mt Cook Safari
- Duration: 50 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Lake Tekapo, NZ
- Product code: TRIP4
Fly over turquoise lakes and high country plains through to the glacial wonderland and dense temperate rainforests of the West Coast.
Cross the Main Divide from the Turquoise lakes and High Country plains of the Mackenzie Basin through to the glacial wonderland and dense temperate Rainforests of the West Coast, getting up close with Aoraki/Mt Cook and the broken ice of the Fox Glacier before landing on the snowy peak of the Liebig Dome.
Here you will look to the eastern side of Mt Cook and the Southern Alps and have views of the Murchison Glacier, before descending through the rugged mountain tops to Lake Tekapo.
*With snow landing.
This flight departs daily from our Lake Tekapo flight centre.
Allow 50 minutes.
Essential gear for snow landings:
- Covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine) or hiking boots
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for wearing on the snow. Occasionally the temperature can be 5-10 degrees cooler on the snow than it is in the village. Check with our ground crew if you are unsure of what to wear
- Plenty of room on your memory card and/or phone for photos. Please note: Selfie sticks, especially extendable ones, are a safety hazard and are best left behind
- Please note that we do not allow passengers to use iPads to take photos during flights as they can impede the view of the pilot and other passengers. You're very welcome to bring along another means of taking your photos (phone, camera or GoPro are all great).
Check-in time is 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. This allows time for payment processing and aircraft allocation.
Flight duration is only approximate:
Pricing is in New Zealand dollars and includes GST. Minimum numbers apply.
LAKE TEKAPO Office Hours:
Summer (November-March) 8.00AM to 6.30PM / Winter (April-October) 8.30AM to 5.30PM.
*Please note: snow landings are subject to weather conditions and are at the pilot’s discretion.