The Alpine Adventure
- Duration: 30 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Lake Tekapo, NZ
- Product code: TRIP2
Fly over the Mackenzie basin before venturing into the vast Tasman Valley with vistas of the magnificent Southern Alps
After taking in spectacular views of the Mackenzie basin and its vivid turquoise lakes, venture into the vast Tasman Valley and perch high on Brass peak to enjoy an unobstructed vista of Aoraki/Mt Cook and the magnificent Southern Alps
*With seasonal snow landing.
This flight departs daily from our Lake Tekapo flight centre.
Allow 30 minutes.
Essential gear for snow landings:
- Covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine) or hiking boots
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for wearing on the snow. Occasionally the temperature can be 5-10 degrees cooler on the snow than it is in the village. Check with our ground crew if you are unsure of what to wear
- Plenty of room on your memory card and/or phone for photos. Please note: Selfie sticks, especially extendable ones, are a safety hazard and are best left behind
- Please note that we do not allow passengers to use iPads to take photos during flights as they can impede the view of the pilot and other passengers. You're very welcome to bring along another means of taking your photos (phone, camera or GoPro are all great).
Check-in time is 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. This allows time for payment processing and aircraft allocation.
Flight duration is only approximate:
Pricing is in New Zealand dollars and includes GST. Minimum numbers apply.
LAKE TEKAPO Office Hours:
Summer (November-March) 8.00AM to 6.30PM / Winter (April-October) 8.30AM to 5.30PM.
*Please note: snow landings are subject to weather conditions and are at the pilot’s discretion.