- Duration: 20 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Lake Tekapo, NZ
- Product code: TRIP1
Soar alongside Lake Tekapo and over the spectacular Mackenzie Basin before landing on Mt Joseph
Soar alongside magnificent Lake Tekapo, New Zealand. Fly high over the spectacular Mackenzie Basin, taking in views of the stunning turquoise lakes and surrounding mountain landscape, before landing on Mt Joseph to enjoy a panoramic view framed by the jagged peaks of the Southern Alps.
With seasonal snow landing*.
This flight departs daily from our HeliServices.NZ Tekapo Heliport.
Essential gear for snow landings:
- Covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine) or hiking boots
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for wearing on the snow. Occasionally the temperature can be 5-10 degrees cooler on the snow than it is in the village. Check with our ground crew if you are unsure of what to wear
- Plenty of room on your memory card and/or phone for photos. Please note: Selfie sticks are not permitted.
- Please note that we do not allow passengers to use iPads to take photos during flights as they can impede the view of the pilot and other passengers. You're very welcome to bring along another means of taking your photos (phone, camera or GoPro are all great).
Check-in time is 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. This allows time for payment processing and aircraft allocation.
Flight times are approximate and include the landing*.
Minimum passenger numbers apply for flights.
Pricing is in New Zealand dollars and includes GST.
HeliServices.NZ Tekapo Office Hours:
Summer (November-March) 8.00AM to 6.30PM / Winter (April-October) 8.30AM to 5.30PM.
*Please note: snow landings are subject to weather conditions and are at the pilot’s discretion.